Skip to main content
Support is Online
We're back! We are here to assist you. Please be patient, we will respond to your tickets shortly.
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Wednesday, 30 November 2022
  2 Replies
  4.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
I've been asked to amend someone else's spreadsheet for our use. In this file, we track progress on multiple jobs but the same questions get asked every week and they never look at the status update columns because they would have to scroll and hunt. I would like to add a cell to each row that has several "categories" within that one cell that are static. Kind of like headings, but then have the ability to type a quick one-liner response to each category.

I tried adding multiple rows and just merging the rows in all the other columns individually, so the other cells were the length of this new cell that is actually 9 rows long. But when I did this, the other cells would not wrap text so that all the updates were visible. I uploaded a screenshot of what it looks like now. I'd like to accomplish this without requiring individual rows of cells for each item and make these categories static with the ability to edit a response to the right.
Thanks in advance,
Darrell
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
When I have a incoming mail in outlook with attached excel file and I preview the excel file then it shows me always the first lines( start lines ) of the excel file/sheet. But I want see the last entered lines in outlook preview without opening the excel file with big data on https://testmyspeed.onl/.
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi!
As per my understanding, you want to show user-defined responses according to the chosen category.
1. Make a dropdown list of category( if you do not know how to create a list then spend 1 minute in Titlethis article )
2. Then apply the SWITCH function in the output cell (see attached excel file)
=SWITCH(C3,F8,G8,F9,G9,F10,G10,F11,G11,F12,G12)
Where C3= cell containing category list
F8,G8,F9,G9,F10,G10,F11,G11,F12,G12 = cells containing response messages
Attachments (1)
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.